5 things you did not know about the current Manchester City squad: Manchester City Facts
1. Barcelona Players Didn’t Love Pep Guardiola – At All: Manchester City Facts
This probably won’t be astounding. We as a whole know that despite the fact that this chief is great, he is additionally somewhat intense on his players – and his requests made Barcelona players insane. Gerard Pique, specifically, raised his voice against his instructing strategies while at the Catalan club.
“I still revere Pep as a manager. But the truth is, it was an extremely hard time. He wanted his players to be obsessed with football 24 hours a day, and at that point in my life, I didn’t understand it. I wasn’t as committed to that philosophy,” Pique said. The defender continued: “Maybe we would have won the Champions League. Maybe Pep would have decided to stay at Barca. Maybe he never would have regained his trust in me. Maybe I would be at another club right now.”
2. Man City Had A Fascinating History in 1937: Manchester City Facts
Manchester City’s mission in 1937 hurled some fascinating figures as they completed the association as the top scorers with 80 goals in 42 games. The accompanying season, City likewise yielded 77 goals, leaving director Wilf Wild bewildered at such an emotional turnaround.
3. Gabriel Jesus Got Quite A Cultural Shock When He Moved To Manchester: Manchester City Facts
Gabriel Jesus comes from Sao Paolo, Brazil and he was raised on the streets, like many footballers (think Marcus Rashford) – and he definitely still misses a lot about Brazil. When he moved to Manchester City in 2017, Jesus realised how different everything was in comparison to Brazil.
“It’s everything; everything is different,” he explained. “The culture, the climate, the language, the food. It’s hard to get used to the cold—that’s always difficult—but we find a way.”
“To be honest, between signing for City and actually coming here, I wasn’t thinking about it,” he recalls. “I just wanted to live my moment at Palmeiras. We were on the way to winning a title that was very important for the club and for me personally. So I wanted to just experience that, with my head there and there alone.
“I didn’t think about anything that could get in the way, make me lose focus or anything like that. On the contrary: I focused even more. It was ‘win, win, win,’ and that’s what we managed to do.”
4. Manchester City Is One Of Wealthiest Clubs In The World: Manchester City Facts
Didn’t come to you as much of a shock though, did it? It’s no secret that ever since Man City got taken over by the City Group, they fast shot up in revenue and became one of the wealthiest clubs in the world. Manchester City’s income was the fifth most noteworthy of a football club on the planet in the 2018–19 season at €568.4 million. In 2019, Forbes assessed the club was the fifth generally significant on the planet at $2.69 billion. The club is claimed by the City Football Group, a British-based holding organization esteemed at £3.73 (US$4.8) billion in November 2019 after a 10% stake deal to Silver Lake!
5. The Club’s Old Badge Had Been Under A Lot Of Criticism: Manchester City Facts
A new club badge was adopted in 1997, as a result of the previous badge being ineligible for registration as a trademark. This badge was based on the arms of the city of Manchester, and consisted of a shield in front of a golden eagle. However, on 15 October 2015, following long stretches of analysis from the fans over the plan of the 1997 badge, the club reported they proposed to complete a fan counsel on whether to dismiss the club identification and redesign an entirely new badge. The new badge design was authoritatively uncovered at the club’s home match on 26 December against Sunderland.
Do you any other surprising facts about the current Manchester City squad? Let us know!
- Top 10 most valuable Manchester City players: Man City Best Players
- Manchester City players with most appearances: over 100 games and matches!
- Five Things You Did Not Know About Pep Guardiola
- Eight Things You Did Not Know About Sergio Aguero
- Top 3 fastest Manchester City players 2020: current fastest player this season!
- Manchester City Most Expensive Signings: Man City Transfer News Today
- Top Five Strikers Manchester City Could Sign: Transfer News Latest